Joint Transition Committee (JTC)
In January 2014, a Joint Transition Committee (JTC) was established to continue work on a proposed merger of Rouge Valley Health System (RVHS) and The Scarborough Hospital (TSH).
Co-led by the Chairs of RVHS and TSH, the Joint Transition Committee membership is comprised of Board Directors of the two hospitals, their CEOs, medical Chiefs of Staff, physician leaders of the hospitals’ Medical Staff Associations, and by the CEO of the Central East Local Health Integration Network (Central East LHIN).
The JTC reports to the Boards of Directors of RVHS and TSH and its work will focus on:
- Understanding the current state of the hospitals;
- Identifying gaps and barriers for proceeding with a merger;
- Consider options for the governance design;
- Engaging governors (Board Directors), stakeholders and the community, including elected officials, for input;
- Identifying risks and mitigation strategies; and
- Implementation of a communications and community engagement strategy.